Friday 4 September 2009

iPod woes

As many of you will know, and as I explained in this post, I am currently without an iPod. I'm just about getting over the fact that my trip to work every day now occurs in silence (if you can count the rumblings of thousands of alfacinhas as silence) and I have found something of a compromise at work by tuning into internet radio (although sometimes the frustration of not getting to pick the music gets too much and then I just spend a few hours with YouTube and get nothing done).

Yesterday though I had to pick my girlfriend, S, up at the airport. I say pick her up but all I did was get the bus, wait for her and then we got a taxi back together. i wasn't sure how long the wait would be so I decided to risk it and took S's iPod with me.

Now I know I'm being silly here but for me this is something of an intrusion, yes we've been living together for 9 months now, yes we know everything about each other and are completely comfortable with each other, but using another person's iPod...that's just a stage of intimacy too far. The music feels somehow dirty, like I'm reading through her diary. At any turn of the scroll wheel I might stumble across something that I didn't know was there, could I even find something unforgivable?

In the event, no. Somethings which I can and do mock her for but overall it's not too bad a collection. But I still miss mine!!!

Here's a few things that there's not a chance of finding on S's iPod:

Desperate Bicycles - I am Nine <- a band I love but who are pretty hard to find

Half Man Half Biscuit - Joy Division Oven Gloves



The Television Personalities - I Know Where Syd Barrett Lives



Josef K - Sorry For Laughing <- A bit crackly

Dislocation Dance - Show Me <- Great Manchester band, should've been on the electro mix

1 comment:

  1. Oh, thanks so much! That means a lot :')!
    I'll start following your blog too, it's very interesting.
    Thanks once again...!

    ReplyDelete