Monday 5 April 2010

And I return...

I've been away for too long, I know, I apologise but let's get on with it. In my time away you have missed:
  • Lots and lots of new albums, many of which I'll be talking about shortly;
  • BurnTheJukebox #4 - I have found myself an excellent new venue thanks to the wonderful people at the Bacalhoeiro Cultural Collective and BTJ #5 will be taking place shortly;
  • Oh and we have had a new kitchen and bathroom built which was kinda the reason for the absence...
In the time I've been away we've also witnessed the passing of some dear friends, not only Alex Chilton, a pop music great but also two of my favourite website, Bolachas and We Are The Sleepyheads have both fallen foul of those nasty internet police. Whilst they both still exist, at least in name, they are mere shadows of their former selves and so the search continues for reliable new sources of good music.

So what of the music filling my ears, here's a selection of what I've thought is worth listening to lately:

The Shout Out Louds - Fall Hard



Taken By Trees - My Boys (Yeah I know it's old but it's Peter's fault for reminding me how good it is)



The Replacements - Alex Chilton (Obviously)



...and the best pop video I've seen in some time, thank you Peter Serafinowicz.

Hot Chip - I Feel Better


No comments:

Post a Comment