Friday 18 September 2009

New No Age...

Other than Primavera Sound, which given enough time I tend to bend everyone's ear over, quite possibly the best gig of last year was No Age at Galeria Zé Dos Bois in Lisbon. Hearing the noise and intensity created by those two in such a tiny space was amazing and probably a leading contributory factor to this ringing in my ears now.

It was also amazing seeing Randy crowdsurfing on probably the most reluctant crowd I have ever seen - 15-20 guys looking rather uncomfortable as they lift this American who is wailing away on his guitar! Priceless.

Anyway, they have another record out soon and they're continuing the good work of making us wonder what My Bloody Valentine would sound like playing Black Flag Covers (or Black Flag playing My Bloody Valentine covers.).

Enjoy:

No Age - You're a Target



(Also the cover is probably my favourite of the year so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment