Tuesday 29 September 2009

Festas nas favelas...



Even before I came to Portugal and was surrounded by music from Brazil I was already a big fan. (One of these days I will get round to doing one for Portuguese music)

Here are a few of my favourite Brazilian (and Brazilian influenced) tracks:

Seu Jorge - Tive Razão



Milton Nascimento - Cravo e Canela
(There is a great cover of this by Tortoise & Bonnie Prince Billy but I wanted to have this version.)



Arto Lindsey - Beija-me



Marisa Monte - Diariamente



Os Mutantes - A Minha Menina
(a Tropicalia classic)



Peeping Tom - Caiparinha (ft. Bebel Gilberto)
(bit of a cheat here but this is what started today's list)



Bonde do Role - Marina Gasolina (Peaches Mix)



Tetine - Let The X Be X



CSS - Let's Make Love And Dance To Death From Above

No comments:

Post a Comment